I’m a huge fan of menu planning.
We have a chalkboard on our fridge that lines out the meals for the week, and my family is so used to this process that I actually catch flak if I deviate from said menu plan! This week is pretty “chicken heavy” I just noticed.
Back in the day, when I had even less time available to me because of little feet running around all day long, I used to menu plan the hard way.
We’re talking cookbooks laid all over the table, a trip to the library to find new inspiration and then hours putting together the shopping list.
Wasted energy, no more.
I first saw a tweet about it courtesy of the lovely Lela Davidson and was entirely skeptical. How on earth could a company offer :
- SEVEN meals each and every week, with no duplication in the year’s time
- the ability to choose from twelve different plans (including Paleo, Vegetarian, Classic Family, Slow Cooker, Gluten Free and more)
- detailed shopping list for each week, including itemization of the meals so that you can easily adjust based on your meal choices
- the ability to CHOOSE which grocery store you shop at for an EVEN more customized shopping list, including what’s on sale that week
- AND for only $58 for the entire year, which is just $5 per MONTH! Bold, underline and italicize that!
What’s even better is that now through December 8th, eMeals is giving you 30% off, which makes your monthly cost cheaper than the morning latte you gulped down or the magazine that you’ll only read once through.
Super easy. Click the green button, pick your plan and use the code CYBER at checkout for your 30% savings … you can thank me later. It’s that awesome.
Some of the questions you may want to ask (we’ve been personally and happily using eMeals for about 4 weeks now) :
1. What if I don’t like the meals they send?
—-> Since they send 7 meals, it’s likely that you’ll enjoy most, if not all, of them. I quickly choose what we’ll enjoy, and usually substitute in one family favorite per week
2. What if I change my mind about which plan I want?
—–> Once per month, you can change your plan. If you’re smart, you’ll change it every so often to get a full smattering of culinary options.
3. Which ones have YOU tried?
—–> Paleo, Clean Eating, Classic Family and Mediterranean (so far!)
4. Can I cancel my account?
—–> Yes, but you’ve already paid the low monthly fee in one swoop, so you’ll still receive your menu plans
5. So it’s great that they send seven meals, but what about the side dishes? I don’t want to have to come up with those too.
—–> Each day comes with a side dish as well! I swap mine around and make it fit to my family’s preferences.
6. Is this just for the United States?
—–> As far as I can tell, it would work internationally, but you wouldn’t be able to participate in the benefit of the shopping list ordered according to a specific store.
What about you? What’s your secret for getting healthy, simple recipes on your dinner table?