This site holds snippets and collections of my thoughts, as well as serving as the jumping off point for my new adventure, EGADs! You can learn about my favorite things (products I dig, and companies that I like to promote – some of which are affiliate programs). I am on a mission to help women explore the best life they can live, as well as discover the ways to go from “I don’t know how” to “I did it!”. I am also getting my real estate license so that I can inject some of my experience moving all over the world into really positive experiences for the families I will work with.
I was born to a white mother and a black father … in the years when it still wasn’t quite ok to be bi-racial. I was homeschooled … in the years when it wasn’t quite legal to do so. I left home at the age of 16 (some may say it was because of my parents’ divorce or you might just reckon it was because I was headstrong and stubborn) and got pregnant with my first child a year later, at the age of 17.
I married my Husb when my oldest child was 8 years old and I was pregnant with my second child. We moved all over the United States and then after the youngest was born, moved to New Delhi, India. After living in India for three years, we relocated to Singapore. Then after one year there, we moved back to our “Forever Home” in Florida. Except, it wasn’t so forever. We completed our most recent move to the Northern Virginia area in July of 2014 and I’m holding my breath that this is “IT” for awhile!
Some more tidbits about me?
- I am the oldest of four children (with every character trait present to prove my birth order) who grew up in a very small town in Nebraska. Maybe having lived in a land-locked state in the middle of nowhere has encouraged my obsessive love of the beach and the endless ocean?
- I am an ex-smoker, I whine a lot and I love to run with my music loud.
- I consistently proofread billboards, restaurant menus and other people’s blogs.
- I’m a brave, independent girl but I still need to feel protected by her man and I LOVE date nights with my Husb. I fiercely love my children but always wish I had done a better job at parenting at the end of the day.
- I am stubborn, melodramatic and sometimes impossible to reason with. I always exercise my right to vote, my right to free speech and my right to stomp my foot when I see something that is wrong.
- I type a ridiculous amount of words per minute, but can’t possibly have an intelligent argument with my Husb to save my soul.
- I want to live my life without fear or regret – but only if I’ve exercised due diligence in researching my options.
- On my to do list for the near future? Get a motorcycle endorsement on my drivers’ license, enroll in college courses to obtain a degree in non-profit management and marketing OR my real estate license <—- started! … oh, and make homemade limoncello. <—- done!
That’s how I roll.