This site holds snippets and collections of my thoughts, and my favorite things (products I dig, and companies that I like to promote – some of which are affiliate programs). I am on a mission to help families flourish where they live … and to thrive not just survive.
I was born in Nebraska to a white mother and a black father – in the mid 1970s, when it still wasn’t quite accepted to be bi-racial. I was homeschooled – in the years when it wasn’t quite legal to do so. I left home at the age of 16 and found myself pregnant with my first child a year later, at the age of 17.
I married my Husb when my oldest child was 8 years old and I was pregnant with my second child. We moved all over the United States and then after the youngest was born, moved to New Delhi, India. After living in India for three years, we relocated to Singapore. Then after one year there, we moved back to our “Forever Home” in Florida. Except, it wasn’t so forever. The company moved headquarters to the Washington DC area, and after living for a spell in Lucketts, Virginia, we have since been in Columbus, Ohio and now … in a true full circle moment, we are heading back to Nebraska for our next move.
Some more tidbits about me?
- I am the oldest of four children (with every character trait present to prove my birth order) who grew up in a very small town in Nebraska. Maybe having lived in a land-locked state in the middle of nowhere has encouraged my obsessive love of the endless ocean and travel?
- I am an ex-smoker, I love red wine and I really love long walks with earphones in and a podcast on play.
- I consistently proofread billboards, restaurant menus and other people’s blogs.
- I’m a brave, independent girl but I still need to feel protected by her man and I LOVE date nights with my Husb. I fiercely love my children but always wish I had done a better job at parenting at the end of the day.
- I am stubborn, melodramatic and sometimes impossible to reason with. I always exercise my right to vote, my right to free speech and my right to stomp my foot when I see something that is wrong.
- I type a ridiculous amount of words per minute, but can’t possibly have an intelligent argument with my Husb about politics to save my soul.
- I want to live my life without fear or regret – but only if I’ve exercised due diligence in researching my options.
What am I up to now? Check my aptly named /now page!