Are you finding yourself in a slump? Daydreaming about spending some time on yourself? Wishing the sun was always shining? SCHEDULE SOME HAPPY!
The ultimate most fantastic way to get yourself boosted up a bit is to literally schedule some events or outings for yourself. It doesn’t mean you have to spend a lot of money, give a lot of time or even break a sweat. Another super fast way to inject some happy is to change up your perspective.
1. Add a lunch date (with yourself) on the calendar and go check out the new deli that just opened up in your neighborhood. If you’re not available to take yourself to lunch today, excuse yourself from the rigors and go grab a coffee. Treat yourself to something you wouldn’t normally order.
2. Pick an upcoming early evening and surprise your spouse, significant other or best friend with a happy hour at that spot that you both love. The reason for it? Just because! Even though the event isn’t today, the happy surge you’ll receive just from planning it will be worthwhile.
3. Call a friend! Send a two line email to someone you haven’t talked to in awhile and just say “I was thinking about you today.” Or if you have even more time, send a piece of snail mail!
4. Light a candle and turn on a playlist you haven’t listened to in awhile. Need a suggestion for some music? Check out some of my playlists or listen along to this one:
(bonus points for actually getting UP and dancing)
5. The last super easy suggestion is to open the blinds in your home / office, go for a quick 10 minutes walk around the block and look for ONE thing you can take a photo of (your toenails crossing the sidewalk crack, a funky leaf on a tree, the corner of a license plate or even a selfie!)
What do you suggest to inject some happy into your day?