I’ve been a long time fan of Danielle LaPorte. When I first started listening to her and reading her work, I thought “eh, this is a bit too foo-foo and woo-woo for this practical and reasoning mind of mine.” However, the longer I listened, and read, the more I started to learn that a big part of being wise, is being able to absorb tracks of truth from all sorts of sources. Danielle is someone that if you don’t already follow, I think you should.
I’ve been a part of her launch team for her new White Hot Truth book, and she is sharing this ‘guest post’ today in an effort to talk about paradoxes and wisdom … and I wanted to in turn share it with you. I bring you, Danielle LaPorte Wisdom is Paradoxical.
WISDOM IS PARADOXICAL: True wisdom usually holds and transcends opposing points of view. Wisdom knows that there is always an exception to the rule, that there is a time and place, and that a case-by-case approach is divine protocol.
If you can comfortably hold your paradoxes, you’re going to be just fine.
Because I’m suggesting that you:
1. Love yourself first and foremost and… Include the world in your loving (and then get off your ass and be more selflessly engaged).
2. Raise your standards and… Be more flexible and accommodating.
3. Forgive and… Don’t forget.
4. Honour spiritual traditions and… Be your own guru.
5. Be open-hearted and… Have clear, strong boundaries.
6. Be understanding and… Don’t take any shit.
7. Have a vision and… Go with the flow.
8. Trust and… Do the work.
9. Get real and… Be idealistic.
10. Be steadfast in your Truth and… Make all kinds of exceptions.
11. Have strong preferences and… Be easy to please.
12. Lead with your heart and… Your head.
13. Own your extraordinariness and… Your ordinariness.
Because it’s up to you and… we’re all in this together. And hey, we have all the time in the world, but… this is urgent.
This is a peek-a-boo from Danielle LaPorte’s new book love #WhiteHotTruth, Chapter 3: TRUTHFULLY SEEKING.
G E T M O R E: Read or listen to the entire chapter free HERE.
Which of this list would be the most difficult for you to subscribe to? Are there several paradoxes that speak to you?