BIG NEWS :
It’s likely they will not elect their next leader on Monday, which means potential violence and killing between that time and the run-off date. We are hoping for peace!
I HEARD IT :
Overheard during a recent lunch date in my 1st graders’ cafeteria :
“I can only do a play date on Monday. ’Why?’ I asked … Because on Tuesday I have Chinese from 5-7. On Wednesday I have piano. On Thursday I have Chinese again. On Friday I have swimming and Saturday is gymnastics.”
Holy moses … that’s an over-scheduled little one!
READ IT :
I LOVE the contents of the dress-up box for international families. Read about Jill’s appearance at International Day.
SEEN ON THE WEB :
How can THIS kind of art be stolen?
Michelle on getting a surprise blessing …
I cannot believe these are paintings … I just LOVE Andy’s work
LISTEN TO IT, BUY IT, DOWNLOAD IT :
Ed Sheeran … Wayfaring Stranger. YUM.
MAKE IT :
Kristen is one of those chicks that I WILL meet in real life one of these days … but until then we will share book recommendations, recipes and encouragement.
How good does this sound?
A quick and easy fish taco recipe, utilizing Marzetti SImply Dressed Balsamic Salad Dressing for a burst of flavor.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 Tilapia Fillets, cut into 1 inch pieces (you may substitute any other firm, white fish)
- 2 Tablespoons Zatarains Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 head red cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup Marzetti Simply Dressed Balsamic Salad Dressing
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 6 small tortillas, warmed
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat, until butter is melted.
- Toss Tilapia fillet pieces with Creole seasoning.
- Add to the skillet and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt.
- While fish is cooking, toss chopped cabbage and onion with Marzetti Simply Dressed Balsamic Salad Dressing. Once combined, add to the skillet with the fish and continue stirring over medium heat until cabbage becomes tender and fish is completely cooked through (approximately 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Assemble the tortillas with shredded cheese, fish and cabbage mixture, and topped with diced tomatoes. Drizzle with additional Marzetti Simply Dressed Balsamic Salad Dressing, if desired.
DRINK IT :
I still am not 100% sure on the truly appropriate way to share content on the web, but as long as I state that the following photos / recipe are NOT mine and leave in the credit as it was originally published, it’s fine right?
Tell me this doesn’t sound good (although I have to edit to say I think “any white would do” ? :
- 1 small carton of raspberries
- 1 small carton of strawberries
- 1 lime
- 2 apples, granny smith and a braeburn
- 1 serrano pepper (more if you are daring)
- 1 bottle of Viognier
- 1/2 cup of white grape juice
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 can of club soda
- Mint leaves for garnish
1. Finely dice both the apples and the strawberries and then cut both the lime and the serrano pepper into fairly thick slices.
3. After all of the fruit has been layered, add the sliced serrano chile and the remaining sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes.
5. Add the white grape fruit juice and top it all off with the club soda. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
6. Once the sangría has chilled, bust out your favorite wine glasses. I like a lot of fruit in mine so I am not bashful about digging around for more berries. Just keep an eye out on those sliced serranos.
7. Garnish the drink with some fresh mint and serve.
What’s new in your world? Tell me something good!!